Februar 04, 2024

Reading Wrap up 2023

 


The fact that I’m writing my 2023 reading wrap up in February says a lot about my current time management. In 2023 many aspects of my life changed: I graduated from University, I started my first job and moved into my first flat. I also questioned maybe 100 times if I made the right decisions or if I’m doing everything wrong. And during this emotional mess I managed to read 28 books. That doesn’t sound too bad considering all the things that were going on. But after my successful reading year 2022 I thought I would 100% manage to finish 40 books in 2023.

Let’s move on to the statistics: I read 28 books in total, which equals 10,254 pages. The shortest book was Things we do in the dark, which was 224 pages long, whereas The Kiss of Deception was the longest book with 561 pages.


There were quite a few books I really enjoyed. My Highlight was Divine Rivals, which EVERYONE has to read. I’m extremely excited to read the second book this year. But Something To Talk About, She Gets The Girl and Princess of Souls are also some of my favourite reads of 2023.

Unfortunately, there were also some disappointments. The Kiss of Deception was a book I’ve been excited to read since it came out many years ago, but in the end, I thought it was very boring and waaay to long. Felix ever after and It’s not like it’s a secret are two other books that really disappointed me.

For 2024 I set my reading goal way lower than last year. Considering I have to work a lot and don’t have as much free time as I used to, I hope I can finish 20 books this year. I want to read all my unread Fairyloot books, and just reduce the number of unread books on my bookshelf.

What are your reading goals for 2024? And are you happy with your reading year 2023?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen für Googleprodukte.

Um auf diesem Blog zu kommentieren benötigst Du ein Google Konto.